Welcome customers services fireplaces Contact Info

(303) 973-5848

© Copyright 1998-2015 a SAFE HOME™ Gas Fireplace Service, Inc. All rights reserved.

a SAFE HOME Gas Fireplace Service, Inc. on Facebook
Get more warmth for less money with your gas fireplace.
ENJOY ENERGY SAVINGS

Today’s high energy costs prompt wise homeowners to find energy-savings relief through alternative heat sources—such as gas fireplaces and gas log inserts—particularly during the cooler autumn and colder winter months. Your gas fireplace can help you enjoy energy savings through regular fireplace tune-ups to ensure its peak performance gets the most out of your fuel dollars.

CONSIDER INSTALLING A BLOWER 

Gas fireplaces create between 18,000-45,000 BTUs—enough heat to warm several rooms of your home, if the gas fireplace is properly maintained and serviced annually. If you don’t already have one, consider having a blower installed to help circulate the warm air more efficiently and to keep fireplace components cooler during operation.


GAS FIREPLACE/LOG SET WARNING SIGNS

There are more, but these are the six most noticeable warning signs that your gas fireplace,
gas log insert or gas log set is a troubled unit that is in need of service:

       1) Soot build-up on anything
       2) Foul or suspicious odor coming from unit**
       3) Film, discoloration or etching on glass
       4) Slow or no ignition when unit is turned on
       5) Unit shuts itself off
       6) Unit has no usage or service history*  

EXPERIMENT WITH ZONE HEATING

On average, gas fireplaces cost approximately 16 to 32¢ an hour to burn, compared to a gas furnace, which costs approximately $1.20 to $1.40 an hour to run. You can see the potential for savings. Installers and utility companies agree that you may be able to recover the cost of a new gas fireplace insert in just two heating seasons when using them in a “zone heating” program in your home.

Fall and winter are excellent times to experiment with and learn the practice of zone heating. This involves turning your thermostat way down, as low as 58 degrees, and utilizing an alternative heat source to warm the portions of your house that you spend the most time in. The most promising alternative source of heat is, of course, your gas fireplace or gas log insert—which should not be confused with a gas log set. Inserts are usually “sealed” units that generate an incredible amount of heat, or are small furnaces that radiate heat from spun ceramic coals or logs.

KEEP YOUR GAS FIREPLACE, GAS LOG SET OR GAS FIRE PIT MAINTAINED REGULARLY

Malfunctioning gas fireplaces, however, may not operate efficiently and cost-effectively for a number of reasons, including poor maintenance; inefficient, faulty or time-worn components; improper combustion ratios; and improper venting and/or seal leaks, among other things. Poor efficiency results in higher energy bills and discomfort. As well, inefficient gas appliances often consume more than their fair share of household energy. 

Call 303-973-5848 to schedule an appointment and find out for sure.

******************
If your primary heat source is a gas furnace, and you have a gas fireplace, are you sure you’re getting the most “bang for your buck” by using a properly maintained gas fireplace as an alternative heat source when it comes to energy savings?


******************

******************
 
If you notice a suspect odor coming from your gas fireplace, call a qualified service and repair technician promptly.

******************

******************
 
Manufacturers and utility companies both recommend professional maintenance on an annual basis.

******************

* All major gas appliances, including gas fireplaces, should be serviced annually as recommended by all major gas fireplace product manufacturers. Gas fireplaces are gas-fueled appliances and, as such, can be dangerous—and even hazardous—if not handled properly and if not serviced regularly by a qualified technician.

** Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, poisonous gas formed by a gas furnace or gas fireplace that’s not operating properly. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea and vomiting. If you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning, or if your carbon monoxide detector sounds an alarm, immediately evacuate the home and call 911 from another location. If you do notice a suspect odor coming from your gas fireplace, call a qualified service and repair technician promptly.

“I want to thank you for your extra work
on our insert.
It’s working great and with the
really cold days was especially warming.
Thanks for going the extra mile to help us out!”
–Quentin & Sheryl D., Lakewood

For prompt, professional and courteous service, call 303-973-5848 today!

Previous Awards
2014-2010, 2007

Winner of a Gold Star Certificate
from BBB Denver
/Boulder, 2014

Site Manager Sign In

Powered By
Yellow Pages
Yellow Pages